The processing of Audio in Linux. Normal?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

The processing of Audio in Linux. Normal?

Post by vrkalak »

This post was made over in the Spanish Forum of LinuxMint ... I thought it would be a good topic here, as well. (I translated it for you)

I have also, posted my 'response' . . . add your ideas and/or comments to this issue?
Generacion X wrote:Hello is my first one post. I am an XP and Mint user.

As a great fan of music that I am, a majority of the use that I give to my computer has to do with Audio. The Spotify program is impressive ans the musical base that has -- there is nothing equal and the quality and rapidity of fantastic reproduction. However, Spotify is not made for Linux. :( I can record the audio of the Spotify with Wavelab (cannot be compared with Audacity). I reproduce music with Aimp2, for the best sound. I have tested various programs of Linux and the song is cut off, if I want to hear some seconds ahead or move to the next song, these things do not work with Aimp. The Songbird imitates visually to Spotify but does not equal the flow not is it as fast. Conclusion: Linux for "quality of Sound"?

I can configure and process mp3 with XP -- can I do this 'faster and better' with Linux? Thanks.
The true comparison is not between Linux and XP ... as Linux and Windows are the Operating Systems and not the Audio software.

The Audio and Video aspects are relevant on which software applications/programs you use and which are made for Linux and how they compare with what is available for Windows.

Agreed, that the software applications for both Audio and Video are not as mature as many of the programs made for Windows, but the Developers for Linux are starting to make better and better Audio programs for Linux and in the next few years, I would expect them to surpass Microsoft in this area.

Most of the major software applications used in Professional Grade Systems for both Audio (Music) and Video (Cinema) are software made for Linux.
And, sooner or later, these will filter down to the common user.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: The processing of Audio in Linux. Normal?

Post by OldManHook »

Might want to check out these articles 8)
http://arstechnica.com/open-source/guid ... yond.ars/2
Good Info about music in Linux :)

Return to “Software & Applications”