tmp folder question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
youngfred
Level 1
Level 1

tmp folder question

Post by youngfred »

Is it Mint 10 thats changed or youtube thats changed now when I go to the temp folder expecting to find a flv file there's just loads of png files :?
Screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: tmp folder question

Post by dawgdoc »

I'm on LMDE (Mint Debian) not LM 10. When I open a youtube page and play a video the file shows in my /tmp as Flashxxxxxx with no file extension. When I close that youtube page, the file is automatically removed from /tmp. to confirm this for yourself: before opening an additional youtube page check the number of files in /tmp, open an additional youtube page and check to see what additional files are present.

I can not tell much from the screenshot you provided. It looks like you have Software Manager open, and these are the related icons, I say this due to the star ratings.
youngfred
Level 1
Level 1

Re: tmp folder question

Post by youngfred »

Software manager had been closed but the files stayed there until I rebooted .

I've tried a few different youtube videos and none of them appear in the tmp folder

I'm using video download helper now only problem it has to start a second download where as before it would just copy the already downloaded file.

Return to “Software & Applications”