not enough disk space error??

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AQucsaiJr

not enough disk space error??

Post by AQucsaiJr »

I am trying to creat an iso from a cd I have. I put the cd into the drive and right clicked the mount and chose copy... I switched the default location from anouther cd to my personal folder and started the copy... but it does not start. It gives me an error message that says not enough disk space in selected folder... I know there is enough disk space... do I need to do somthing?

I am running mint 9.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: not enough disk space error??

Post by grimdestripador »

pic or it didn't happen
AQucsaiJr

Post by AQucsaiJr »

It worked on my laptop but not on my desktop... Let me see if i can get a screen shot for you.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

do you use a different /tmp partition than your /home?
Baldlygo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Baldlygo »

I think I have just hit a similar problem. I run Mint 10 from a 8G pendrive on an eeepc. I tried to compress the eeepc windows XP C drive and output to a Network drive. It seemed to be working but I suddenly got the disk space message. I sort of panicked and tried to cancel but the process seemed to continue. Now when I boot I get the same disk space warning.
So I presume I now have some aborted files taking up space on my pendrive. Being a newbie I would welcome info on finding and tidying up the mess :roll:
grimdestripador wrote:do you use a different /tmp partition than your /home?
I am also very interested to know about using a different /tmp partition that may help stop the problem occurring again.

Paul
Dell Inspiron R15 - Mint 20.3 - Cinnamon (64-bit)
Baldlygo
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Baldlygo »

OK - think I have found my leftover files in mint/.cache. Will it be OK to just delete them?

Paul
Dell Inspiron R15 - Mint 20.3 - Cinnamon (64-bit)
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

the .cache file.... i would say it is safe to delete them.

It is possible to specify your partitions manually such that out of space errors are limited to folders . Such that /, /tmp or /home could even be own harddrives. I was just wondering this. But it seems you don't, so i don't want to explain.
AQucsaiJr

Post by AQucsaiJr »

I got it to work... I don't know why i kept getting that error... I am working from a partition that is 250Gib so there is plenty of space... I got frustrated and restarted my computer and now i don't get that error anymore... Maybe it was just a glitch, but if I can get it to happen again I will post a screen shot of the error.

Return to “Software & Applications”