Strange Focus losing while typing!?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tasty_minerals

Strange Focus losing while typing!?

Post by tasty_minerals »

This is a weird issue and is quite difficult to describe in words, but I'll try. It happens quite often when I try to type anything anywhere in my system. For example I open terminal and try to type a command and then click another window, then, when I return to my terminal(after some time), I can't type there anything, I can move it or minimize it, but cant type in there. This happens to almost any box, where you can type some input - it just suddenly freezes and locks, so you can't type anything. So to unfreeze it I have to switch to another window or open up a new terminal window and type random characters there, or I can just tap my touchpad twice in the frozen terminal, then I can continue typing in this terminal. It looks like a window loses focus and locks up, but I have no clue why this can happen. I use a laptop, this issue happens no matter whether my touchpad enabled or disabled. It is not very annoying, as I can quickly unfreeze the input box, but it is still a little strange.
I need help or advice of what can be done here? Just any tip.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: Strange Focus losing while typing!?

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

Is it safe to assume this happens in other software also?

Anyway, an you try to create another user and see if you have the issues?

Regards,

Return to “Software & Applications”