wbar question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UUUnicorn

wbar question

Post by UUUnicorn »

Please, I downloaded and installed (through Software Manager) wbar, but it is not showing up on my desktop.

I have Linux Mint 9 "Isadora" Xfce.

Please, any and all help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

UUUnicorn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: wbar question

Post by Aging Technogeek »

wbar is a CLI app. It is launched and controlled from terminal. Open a terminal and enter "man wbar" (without quotes) for a list of commands and options.

When wbar is started from terminal (command "wbar"), it will only run as long as the terminal is open. When you have the bar set up the way you want it, go to Menu=>Preferences=>Startup Applications and add a launcher for wbar to start automatically at boot. The launch command will be "wbar + (whatever option suffixes are needed)".
vortex59
Level 3
Level 3

Re: wbar question

Post by vortex59 »

Hello,
here is my wbar command line used in fluxbox (Linux Mint 10 Main, with fluxbox 1.3.0 as alternative window manager):

wbar -above-desk -isize 36 -zoomf 1.8 jumpf 0.5 -bpress -balfa 50 -falfa 70 -nanim 3

In the "help" as previous stated by Aging Technogeek you will find the significance of the items. Just a remarque: -above-desk MUST be in command line to have wbar visible. There is also wbarconf, a program that help to add comands and icons in wbar:

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilitie ... 4908.shtml

Hope it works!
"A scientist is someone whose curiosity survives education's assaults on it". Sir Hermann Bondi

Return to “Software & Applications”