Airview-Spectrum-Analyzer

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lwrver

Airview-Spectrum-Analyzer

Post by lwrver »

I have installed the Linux version of Ubiquity's Airview Spectrum Analyzer program in LM9/32-bit. It works fine when launched from a terminal control line. All I have to do is cd to the folder where the program files and shell script are located and then type "sudo ./airview.sh". This launches the GUI page and graphics functions similar to the windows version. What I want to do now is make launching the program a one click function from the menu or a desktop icon. This shouldn't be that hard, right? Problem is I haven't been able to do so. What am I doing wrong? The shell script is not an executable, so I can't just create a launcher icon. When I execute the script from terminal, it somehow launches the program window, but there are no executables in the directory. Just when I thought I was beginning to understand Linux.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Airview-Spectrum-Analyzer

Post by nunol »

http://sltaylor.co.uk/blog/customizing- ... shortcuts/
"
1. For each script, right-click to select “Properties” and then the “Permissions” tab. Tick “Allow executing file as program”.
2. On the desktop, right-click and “Create launcher”. Select “Application in Terminal”, type a name for the launcher shortcut, and browse to the relevant shell script file.
"

Is this what you need?

Return to “Software & Applications”