cakephp installation in xampp

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
b0nz0

cakephp installation in xampp

Post by b0nz0 »

I am new to frameworks, I am trying to install cakephp in xampp server, what I've done so far is extracted the cakephp folder in /opt/lampp/htdocs.
But doing localhost/cakephp shows:

Warning (512): /opt/lampp/htdocs/cakephp/app/tmp/cache/ is not writable [CORE/cake/libs/cache/file.php, line 267]

Notice (1024): Please change the value of 'Security.salt' in app/config/core.php to a salt value specific to your application [CORE/cake/libs/debugger.php, line 684]

Your tmp directory is NOT writable

The FileEngine is being used for caching. To change the config edit APP/config/core.php

Your database configuration file is present.

Cake is NOT able to connect to the database.

Can someone please guide me step by step process of getting it to work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: cakephp installation in xampp

Post by grimdestripador »

Step by step. No. Advice Yes.

php is you've installled is expecting to be able to write to your harddrive. You are going to have to either create the files it wants, then chmod it. Or chmod the folder you want to write to. These chmod changes aren't trivial, and I suggest you read up on securing an internet server before using php (for other than development).

I've used xampp a bit, what I have found is that I usually have to create all sorts of symbolic links, becuase the ubuntu way of separatin g/var and /temp into the root level directories, rather than using /uopt/lampp/var or temp. Most xampp tutorial are accurate as long as you consider that you may need to run

Code: Select all

find / -name filename.ext 2>/dev/null
where teh filename.ext is what your looking for (the .ext is optional, for example folders). After finding the correct folder, you create a symbolic link

sudo ln -s /path/source /path/destination
where /path/source is the path to the source folder (the one you wish to make a 'short cut' / symbolic link to).

sudo chmod 777 /path/folder
where /path/folder is the path to your folder, and 777 represents that Administrators, Users, and Guests can read write modify execute.
If you get it working, i suggest creating a user or group and using

sudo chown phpGroup -Rv /path/folder 
and then attempting to reduce the permissions back to secure.

sudo chmod -Rv 644 /path/folder 
Hope I helped.

Return to “Software & Applications”