Brasero does not burn video DVD folders, K3b does it

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mf-linux

Brasero does not burn video DVD folders, K3b does it

Post by mf-linux »

I ripped a video DVD and obtained *.vob, *.bup, and *.ifo files, so to burn a video DVD I put them together into a VIDEO_TS folder and created an AUDIO_TS folder (empty, as in any video DVD, I don't know why). But when I tried to burn both folders as for data DVD, Brasero told me after verifying checksum, "unknown error"; if I tried to burn as video DVD, again error and a message saying something like "video files not found; search for them in folders?" and then the process was cancelled. However, K3b could burn the specified folders as data DVD without problem, and the DVD is perfectly readable in any DVD player. Any clue about the reason why Brasero can't handle this type of recording? It's only for contributing to improve the default CD/DVD recorder application in Gnome; otherwise, I'm happy now with K3b.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Brasero does not burn video DVD folders, K3b does it

Post by nunol »

From the home page of Brasero: "Brasero is a application to burn CD/DVD for the Gnome Desktop. It is designed to be as simple as possible and has some unique features to enable users to create their discs easily and quickly."

http://projects.gnome.org/brasero/

So, Brasero was made to be very simple while K3b was made to be feature-rich. If you think it was a bug report it to brasero.

Return to “Software & Applications”