Pinta crashes KDE Mint 10

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
billsherelooking

Pinta crashes KDE Mint 10

Post by billsherelooking »

Pinta crashes immediately on attempt to open. Any help with this issue? I've used Pinta with this hardware on other Linux and it's fun and fast, and easier to use than our fave the Gimp.
Mint is the only OS installed. Only level 1 & 2 updates are permitted on my system.

Here is terminal output, shows no issues:
~ # apt-get -f install pinta
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
pinta is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 296 not upgraded.

Another:
pinta --debug
GLib.GException: Icon 'gtk-dialog-error' not present in theme
at Gtk.IconTheme.LoadIcon (System.String icon_name, Int32 size, IconLookupFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Pinta.ErrorDialog.Build () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Pinta.ErrorDialog..ctor (Gtk.Window parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Pinta.MainClass.ExceptionManager_UnhandledException (GLib.UnhandledExceptionArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException (System.Exception e, Boolean is_terminal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have no clue if I did this properly. Lucky I guess in that I have not had issues so that it involved CLI to fix it.
Many thanks to those who may give advice.

Hardware: AMD X III 2.9 ghz, 2 gigs ram, 320 gig HD.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rich_roast

Re: Pinta crashes KDE Mint 10

Post by rich_roast »

There's been talk of late of GTK apps dying because of some snaffu with the icon theme. I'm impressed this should call an exception to be raised but, there you have it. Take a look at this . I'm not trying to suggest that the same fix will work for your problem but the key line in that error output is the one about the missing 'gtk-dialog-error' pixmap being missing.
billsherelooking

Re: Pinta crashes KDE Mint 10

Post by billsherelooking »

Rich, thank you very kindly for your quick reply.

Return to “Software & Applications”