[solved?] cannot add app launcher to desktop any longer ...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fraxinus_63

[solved?] cannot add app launcher to desktop any longer ...

Post by fraxinus_63 »

My wife's computer runs Helena Gnome, and has done so very happily for over a year. However, I have noticed that I can no longer add application launchers to her desktop from the MintMenu, although I could once do this. When I right-click on an application icon, I no longer see the options 'Add to panel' and 'Add to desktop'. It would appear that I can still use drag and drop to place an application icon onto her taskbar, but I can no longer do this to the desktop.

This install is fully updated and has always worked absolutely flawlessly to date. Does anyone have any suggestions? Might this be a permissions issue? or should I be looking to reinstall MintMenu from Synaptic in the hope that it fixes it? Grateful thanks in anticipation for any advice.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fraxinus_63

Re: cannot add app launcher to desktop any longer ...

Post by fraxinus_63 »

OK - perhaps this is my bad!

I am used to using Mint 10. I was intrigued enough to boot up the Mint 8 live CD to see if I could add app launchers to the desktop from MintMenu - and I found that right-clicking on app icons there did NOT in fact offer me the 'Add to panel' and 'Add to desktop' options that I am used to on Mint 10. Attempting to drag launchers to the desktop gives me a permissions error. The question is -- how did I place those launchers on my wife's Helena desktop in the first place?

Return to “Software & Applications”