[SOLVED] Pulseaudio not detecting microphone

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tincan

[SOLVED] Pulseaudio not detecting microphone

Post by tincan »

!Since my mic works perfectly with alsa, I don't see this as a hardware problem, so I put it in software section. !

It's hard for me to explain the problem, but bare with me.

So I have my internal mic finally working with alsa. Recording a .wav works perfectly.

But whenever I go to my pulseaudio settings, it receives a really low input.

See images: http://imgur.com/a/jy8pI
First image: You can see that if the source input volume is around 100%, the bottom right PulseAudio volume meter works perfectly, BUT the above volume control detect a really low input (you can see a small bar).
Second image: Whenever I put my source input volume really high (around 400%), the top volume meter finally starts to work, BUT the bottom right one is maxed out.

So when I tested the sound through Skype at 100%: My mic is silent, skype test calls hears nothing.
When I test the sound through Skype at 400%: My mic produces a really hard sound, a really annoying static (KKKKKKGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

I just want to get my mic to work on skype, and PulseAudio is the only input I can select on skype.

I'm not sure what the problem is with PulseAudio, cause my mic works perfectly fine when recording a wav.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tincan

Re: Pulseaudio not detecting microphone

Post by tincan »

Thank you kind sir, that fixed it.

Return to “Software & Applications”