SOLVED Cant close or move any windows.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pc_doc

SOLVED Cant close or move any windows.

Post by pc_doc »

Hi i have just installed mint 10 and when i log into Gnome and open any window there is no border on them i have enclosed sceenshot
I had mint 8 on this laptop and had no problem with it. But if i log in using Gnome(Safe Mode) i can move open windows and see borders.
Screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Cant close or move any windows.

Post by thouartsimple »

First, hit Alt+F2 then type "compiz --replace" without quotes.

That should fix the problem temporarily. To fix it permanently, go to Startup Applications and add the command "compiz --replace". This will fix the problem every time.
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

You can also drag a window by pressing the Alt key and clicking anywhere on the window and moving your mouse.
pc_doc

Post by pc_doc »

thouartsimple wrote:First, hit Alt+F2 then type "compiz --replace" without quotes.

That should fix the problem temporarily. To fix it permanently, go to Startup Applications and add the command "compiz --replace". This will fix the problem every time.
Thanks thouartsimple, im on windows at work will do this when i get home to night
pc_doc

Post by pc_doc »

nunol wrote:You can also drag a window by pressing the Alt key and clicking anywhere on the window and moving your mouse.
nunol, i didnt know that thanks
pc_doc

Re: SOLVED Cant close or move any windows.

Post by pc_doc »

Thanks thouartsimple
compiz --replace did the trick,
Many thanks
thouartsimple
Level 3
Level 3

Re: SOLVED Cant close or move any windows.

Post by thouartsimple »

No problem, glad to know it worked out for you.
-Nick

Laptop: PCLinuxOS KDE (Toshiba Satellite A305D)
Desktop: LM11 Katya Gnome, LM10 Julia KDE, PCLinuxOS KDE, LM10 Julia LXDE, Bodhi Linux (All 32-bit, custom built PC)

Return to “Software & Applications”