SOLVED] Skype and Katya RC after update on 26/5

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pengythai

SOLVED] Skype and Katya RC after update on 26/5

Post by pengythai »

I have two users using skype on Katya RC, and they both complained to be today that skype has stopped working. It will work for a few seconds then disappear.
Testing from the terminal simple shows "Aborted" when skype disappears.
Looking through MintUpdate.history shows an update for glib-networking on 25/5/11 however running

sudo aptitude install glib-networking=2.28.5-0ubuntu1

to force a downgrade and rebooting to ensure a completely clean environment doesn't solve the problem.
I am at a loss, as to what else to try the two users update daily and as one of the users is my wife I need to solve this soon.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Skype and Katya RC after update on 26/5

Post by remoulder »

This has nothing to do with mint and everything to do with skype, please read the news.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
pengythai

Post by pengythai »

Thanks for letting me know, I've checked the news, but here it is evening and I had an earful from the wife on my way home so went straight to work on her problem.
However before posting I tested my company laptop running windows 7 with the skype on there and could log in successfully and my own laptop running LMDE,
plus both parties had just updated, that led me to the assumption that it was an update that had gone wrong.

I've now Informed both users to wait for a while
pengythai

Post by pengythai »

I downgraded to a version of Skype from Julia 2.1.0.81 which worked.
However the wife upgraded as I forgot to lock the version and skype have solved their problems
The reason for both my LMDE desktop & Work Laptop working was that both of them were not running the latest version for their respective platforms

Return to “Software & Applications”