Software has a dependency error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Guan

Software has a dependency error

Post by Guan »

I'm trying to install a program (A vpn gui) and when I run the installation file I get this output:

Code: Select all

guan@guan ~/Desktop/HMAGUI-Ubuntu-Release/bin $ sudo ./Install.sh 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
openvpn is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for WebKit.WebView ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libwebkit-1.0.so.2
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) WebKit.Download:webkit_download_get_type ()
  at WebKit.Download.get_GType () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GtkSharp.WebkitSharp.ObjectManager.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WebKit.WebView..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at HMAGUIMonoUbuntu.ViewCountrySelection..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MainWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at HMAGUIMonoUbuntu.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
I looked up the dependency in question and I can't find it using synaptic or aptitude. When I google searched for it all I could find where mentions of it for Fedora as a .rpm file. Is there a comparable file for our OS or am I going to need to repackage something?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
unexistance

Re: Software has a dependency error

Post by unexistance »

Hi,

May we know what application is that?

Can you try search webkit in Synaptics?

Regards,
Guan

Post by Guan »

The program is a GUI for the Hide My Ass Open Vpn. I tried looking in Synaptic and I found similar packages, but none that matched the name of the package the program is calling out for.
Guan

Post by Guan »

I've done a bit of digging since my last post and I found the package it's calling out for in the debian squeeze repository. However when I tried to install it I saw it would uninstall a whole slew of applications. Apparently Mint 11 (and probably Ubuntu 11.04) use the package "libwebkitgtk-1.0.-0" instead of the "libwebkitgtk-1.0.2-so" that the vpn client is calling out for. I'll get in contact with the makers of the client and see if they can do anything. Meanwhile, does anyone know of any alternatives to get this client running using the packages that Mint uses?

Return to “Software & Applications”