Where are the other desktop pages?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
onederer

Where are the other desktop pages?

Post by onederer »

Dear fellow Linux users:

I thought that I would try Mint-64. I found that I couldn't find the location to create additional new desktops. I usually use 6 desktops, and place a different application on each one of them. On other distros, that feature is easily visible and seen. And it is easy to use. So, how do I do this with Mint?

Compared to many other distros, I'm happy to state that Mint was not laptop hostile. It was able to find and use my ATH5K wireless chip. This made life simple. I'm just not enchanted by not having the capacity to create more desktops, and having to pile up all applications on one desktop ( just like Windows).

Thank you for your assistance.

I th
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JimmyMutant

Re: Where are the other desktop pages?

Post by JimmyMutant »

hit alt + F2

type

Code: Select all

gconf-editor
should be an entry in there for amount of workspaces although i'm not sure i've ever needed more than 3 out of the 4 by defaulf :D
HorrorCode

Re: Where are the other desktop pages?

Post by HorrorCode »

It should be as simple as just reinstalling the simple ccsm.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install simple-ccsm
now it should reappear in you appearance dialog under visual effects > preferences

Return to “Software & Applications”