how to install track mania forever on mint debian 64 bit ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gasolin

Post by gasolin »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: how to install track mania forever on mint debian 64 bit

Post by Aging Technogeek »

From a quick Google search, I find the it is most likely that Trackmania Forever is a Windows program and will not install or run in Linux without the help of a program like Wine or Crossover.

The Wine app database (http://appdb.winehq.org/ ) gives Trackmania Nations Forever 2.11.11 a platinum rating and says it works perfectly. Trackmania United Forever Staredition has a gold rating .
gasolin

Post by gasolin »

only use the free version
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

from the Trackmania Nations Forever version 2.11.11 free download site:
This program will not run in Linux without using Wine or another Windows simulator/emulator. As I stated above, version 2.11.11 has a platinum rating in the Wine app database. That is as good as it gets.

I have never used Wine or any other Windows emulator, so I am sorry but I cannot help you further. If you are patient for a few hours or a day, someone who is experienced with Wine may come along to help.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

One recommendation I would have is to make sure you are running Wine 1.3.x and not an earlier version. The older versions of Wine won't run nearly as many programs well.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1

Return to “Software & Applications”