CUPS PDF printer - no output

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Thinking

CUPS PDF printer - no output

Post by Thinking »

I have reinstalled cups and cups pdf printer but cannot get output? Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: CUPS PDF printer - no output

Post by altair4 »

Where did you look?

By default it's either in your /home/user-name directory or in your /home/user-name/Documents directory.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Thinking

Post by Thinking »

Checked both again - no luck. I had difficulty with metacity yesterday and needed to repair gdm...could this have corrupted something? What to reinstall?
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

I don't know of the things you mentioned would have any impact on cups itself.

If instead of Print to PDF you selected "Print to File", Output Format = PDF, Save in Folder = Desktop does it show up on your desktop?
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Thinking

Post by Thinking »

Used print to file - saved to desktop but I still get no output?!
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

Please post the output of the following command:

Code: Select all

cat /var/log/cups/cups-pdf_log
krustybaguette
Level 3
Level 3

Post by krustybaguette »

Thinking wrote:I have reinstalled cups and cups pdf printer but cannot get output? Any ideas?
I'd been having this problem for a while (after it working just fine for several months) I Googled the subject and found an old 2008 thread with no specific answer but at Administration/Printers/Print to PDF/Properties I changed "Make and Model" to reflect the printer I use on my home network. Previously it was blank. Went back to the web page/receipt I wanted to save as a PDF and it worked. Huzzah! :lol:

Return to “Software & Applications”