Is it normal for Brasero to take 3hrs to rip a CD? K3B!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
apsrn

Is it normal for Brasero to take 3hrs to rip a CD? K3B!

Post by apsrn »

Just wondering. It was copying the CD at 90 Kib/sec and 0.5x. I didn't let it finish.

When I initially tried to rip the CD, I got a message stating that I needed some more dependencies, so I installed those that I could find...maybe something is still missing...

SOlVED! Tried Asunder...still had difficulties. Installed K3B...perfection!
People complain that K3B is bloated and heavy, but on my 2001 computer it is just fine.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Is it normal for Brasero to take 3hrs to rip a CD?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

I would agree that there are probably still some missing dependencies. While I do not use Brasero myself (I prefer K3b even in Gnome) it should be as capable as other CD rippers available in Linux.

I have always found that either K3b or Sound juicer (Package manager - search "sound-juicer") is capable of ripping Cds at rates in the tens of Megabytes per second. I have seen Sound Juicer rip a 675 MB Cd in less than 5 minutes and K3b will do as well.

I would assume, since it uses the same or very similar codecs and algorithms, that Brasero is capable of similar speed if all dependencies are satisfied.
apsrn

Re: Is it normal for Brasero to take 3hrs to rip a CD?

Post by apsrn »

This is really odd. I installed Asunder because it has worked well in other distros...but, it doesn't see the CD in either the DVD or CD drive. I think I have all of the dependencies, though "GTK 2.4 or greater" eludes me. There is no "GTK x.x in Synaptic repositories, but there are a bunch of libgtk.x.x, which I appear to have.

Guess I will just have to keep installing programs until one works.

Return to “Software & Applications”