Darnya Real Player Install

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Darnya Real Player Install

Postby stratusman on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:29 am

Cannot seem to get Real Player installed on my system. I go through the motions to download from the Software Portal, but after the download, nothing happens.
stratusman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Darnya Real Player Install

Postby Husse on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 am

I just downloaded and installed OK
Have not checked if it works due to lack of RealPlayer files and time
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby be80be on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:49 am

yes i installed realplayer 2 time and it dosent install it downloads the files with mintinstall and acts like it installs the files the box comes up then it is done but if you read it before you close it it tell you that realplayer didnt install
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Postby be80be on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 pm

I looked at my apt logs and dpkg logs it showed that i install pkgs with mint install but it donst list Realplayer I no that some 1 posted that thay installed Realplayer but didnt try it I thought i installed it the mint installer acts like it is installing it but it dosnt it should be installed in opt i think because i now have plugins that are linked to /opt/realplayer but thay are broke because i dont have any /opt/realplayer installed
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Postby be80be on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:04 pm

if i new how to open and read the Realplayer.mint any 1 no where the doc is on this I think that mintinstall is using apt to get the download of realplayer thats what is wrong there is no realplayer in apt if you do a apt-get install realplayer you get this Package realplayer is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Postby be80be on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:23 pm

there is no realplayer in apt i open the realplayer.mint to see what it ask for i used the mint-decompress realplayer.mint and read it. By the way im using Daryna maybe are apt source.list is missing something all mintinstall is is a way to do a 1 click install
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:07 am

Something must have happened in your system - I installed RealPlayer through mintInstall and it's there all right
and please give some consideration to the language you are using - it's really hard to read and I don't have the time to "decipher" posts
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby be80be on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 am

Husse wrote:Something must have happened in your system - I installed RealPlayer through mintInstall and it's there all right
and please give some consideration to the language you are using - it's really hard to read and I don't have the time to "decipher" posts

you no you may have installed it but have you tryed it .I thought I had it installed but it's not and by the way if your using Daryna and used mintinstall to install realplayer you dont have realplayer because there no listing of realplayer in apt . and I wasn"t asking for help I've been using debian for 8 years and all mintinstall is and debian with very good eye candy what i'm saying I can download realplayer make my own deb out of it do dpkg -i burt'tsrealplayer.deb and she is installed.
And your the 1 that said you didnt try realplayer out no .rpm and .ram files so like me maybe it looked installed. and you didn' tell what you are using Daryna or what and in closing if you read what i wrote you could see i was trying to help not get help? and if you downloaded Daryna in the last 4 days and install it to your harddrive and try to install realplayer with
mintinstall realplayer.mint it will try to install it and even look as if it did but it didn't install it because there Is no realplayer in atp and atp is what installs and keeps track of what is installed and allso download by using apt source.list
And if you do apt-get update then apt-get install realplayer and then you get realplayer not there
That the same thing thats happened to mintinstall but we cant see it because its not run it terminal
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

I use Daryna and Real player 10 is installed and just now playing some music
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby be80be on Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:27 am

Ok i fixed the realplayer not installing i'm using Daryna xfce beta so i downloaded the gnome Daryna and looked at it's apt source.list it's not the same as the xfce Daryna so i changed my list to match the gnome Daryna it install the realplayer this is what you need in /etc/apt/source.list deb http://www.linuxmint.com/repository/ daryna main upstream import
this is what was there deb http://www.linuxmint.com/repository/ daryna/main you all so need to get there gpg key
be80be
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications