Change langua on Mint11

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mons1

Change langua on Mint11

Post by Mons1 »

Hi!
I just installed Mint11 for i friend i Romania. I installed it first on my own language and now i want to change the language to Romanian. In earlier version (Mint9) this was very easy. Now i have installed Romanian language, but it seems English is locking the system. I Removed English and choose Romania as primary language. Now only e few text in in Romanian, but most of the system is still in English.

Is Mint11 fully translated to Romanian? Or is there some bug in the system?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Change langua on Mint11

Post by xenopeek »

Well, Ubuntu 11.04 (the base for Linux Mint 11) is 95% translated to Romanian (source: http://people.canonical.com/~dpm/stats/ ... stats.html). So I think something is wrong.

Not all applications will be localized though.

For LibreOffice you can check by starting Writer, going to Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Languages. Is Romanian listed there to be used as User interface language?
Mons1

SOLVED (Re: Change langua on Mint11)

Post by Mons1 »

I solved it and im ashamed of myself :-)

In Login-screen you can change language and keyboard. It also remember the last setting for each user. Now it works :-)

Return to “Software & Applications”