prob on both laptops running older Helena, no app upgrades

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
titianmom
Level 3
Level 3

prob on both laptops running older Helena, no app upgrades

Post by titianmom »

Hi,

I run Helena on a couple of old IBM THinkpads. Usually, as with all of us here, I would get a daily "broken lock" signaling that there were upgrades available. Well, for quite a while now I've had a constant "your upgraded" lock symbol.

I've opened and tried to do upgrades, anyway and it runs successfully and just comes back with "you're up to date" or whatever.

Checked the tmp file, nothing amiss that I could see:

Starting refresh
++ Auto-refresh timer is going to sleep for 15 minutes, 0 hours and 0 days
++ Connection to the Internet successful (tried to read http://www.google.com)
++ Successfully downloaded new safety rules using proxy: None
++ System is up to date
++ Refresh finished

So what's going on? Surely they haven't stopped Helena from receiving upgrades or anything? Right?

I've done multiple searches in google and here in the forum and can't find any info on this. THanks,
Kim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: prob on both laptops running older Helena, no app upgrad

Post by richyrich »

Probably since about April . .

Helena became obsolete then, thus no upgrades or updates . .

http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php
titianmom
Level 3
Level 3

Re: prob on both laptops running older Helena, no app upgrad

Post by titianmom »

Yep, I suspected as much. That's what the little computer tech bird in my head kept whispering. I've been so busy I just haven't gotten around to checking it out, since the machine itself is fine .

Guess it's time to go for an upgrade. Sigh. You know, I worked in the computer field for years and it's one thing I never liked about it. You were constantly going to classes because technology changed every month or so and we were constantly upgrading. Seems you can't get away from it, even at home ;). I'm getting old, now; I want things to stay the same for a while, ha!

Other than being behind the curve constantly, I enjoyed the field, tho.

Thanks,
Kim

Return to “Software & Applications”