Executable File. NEED HELP.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
17ckehrli

Executable File. NEED HELP.

Post by 17ckehrli »

So I have the ISO on my computer for Call Of Duty Black Ops. I mount it with Archive Mounter, and go to install it. (Using Wine) And I get the error that it has to be marked as an executable file. So like I would allways do I went to properties, than permissions. And i t told me it could not find the permissions. So I need to know how I can mark this as executable without going through permissions. Or a way so I dont have to mark files as executable pernamentally. Or Someone give me anotheer way to install the ISO. Please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Executable File. NEED HELP.

Post by altair4 »

The insistence that a file needs to be marked as executable is not something Wine requires it's something called cautious-launcher.

You can circumvent this problem on a temporary basis by executing the *.exe with wine directly from the terminal:

Code: Select all

wine "/path/to/*exe/file"
If you want a permanent fix then change the file association:

Right click on an *.exe file
Then select Properties -> Open With -> Add -> Use a custom command > Then type in: wine
Back in the "Open With" tab mark the "wine" you just added as the default.

There's going to be another wine in that tab but that one has cautious-launcher embedded in it. Yours will not.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
17ckehrli

Re: Executable File. NEED HELP.

Post by 17ckehrli »

I did that and launched the setup wizard. once done installing I went to load it through wine and it popped up on the bottom saying Starting Call Of Duty: Black Ops. But after 5 seconds it just dissapeared, how can I launch my game?

Return to “Software & Applications”