DVD To Creative Zen Converter

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heather2011

DVD To Creative Zen Converter

Post by heather2011 »

Is there a DVD To Creative Zen converter (AVI), for Linux Mint KDE. Does the creative zen support Linux, using Banshee media player? Or can I just copy and paste the video and music files into one of the
folders in the zen? if there isn't a video converter for Linux that supports DVD To Creative Zen, is it illegal to download, official concerts and music videos, as long as they are not a bootleg, and they are for
personal use? I just want the youtube official video concerts and music videos, for my creative zen. Thankyou.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: DVD To Creative Zen Converter

Post by xenopeek »

You can use the application called Handbrake to convert from various video formats to other video formats. You can convert from DVD to Creative Zen with this. Various music players on Linux support Creative Zen. Read forum post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p116868 on how to get it to work with Rhythmbox or Amorak. Probably Banshee will also work similar.

To install alternatives for Banshee, like Rhythmbox, just look for it in the Software Manager and install.

To install Handbrake, follow the instructions here https://launchpad.net/~stebbins/+archiv ... -snapshots to add the PPA to your system. Then again look for it in the Software Manager and install.
ThistleWeb

Re: DVD To Creative Zen Converter

Post by ThistleWeb »

WinFF has a preset that's supposed to do it, I didn't find it working that well. You'll need an app like Gnomad2 to mount the Zen and transfer files to and from it. It's a decent player but Creative have handcuffed their fate to the railings on the good ship Microsoft.

You could refer to your other posts about the legality of bootlegs, instead of asking the question again. The law didn't change in the last few days, the answers are still the same.

Return to “Software & Applications”