Transmission: 2 Queries

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cozski
Level 3
Level 3

Transmission: 2 Queries

Post by cozski »

Hello

I've just re-installed Transmission Bit Torrent Client after the shortcut on my desktop popped up a msg saying error... I un-installed from Software Manager then re-installed through Synaptic Package Manager. However, I cant actually see where the program has installed to as it's not in my installed packages list. I then un-installed again through Synaptic and re-installed through Terminal but still cant see it. Any ideas?

The other issue I had when it was working fine was that when I clicked on a torrent link to open with Transmission by default it's not in the list of available programs so I choose the 'other' option but I don't know how to navigate to the Transmission file. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Peace, Love & Light x)0(x
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: 2 Queries

Post by xenopeek »

I'm going to assume you use GNOME desktop. Open Terminal (from Menu) and run the following:

Code: Select all

which transmission-gtk
Should show you:

/usr/bin/transmission-gtk
Alternatively, to find all files called "transmission":

locate transmission
Note that locate depends on a database of filenames, so you need to give it a few minutes after install/uninstall to update its database.
cozski
Level 3
Level 3

Re: 2 Queries

Post by cozski »

Thanks, I managed to locate all files. However I'm still not able to associate a torrent file with Transmission. When I select 'Open with other' Transmission is not in the menu of applications available. I added Transmission to my main main under 'Internet'.
Peace, Love & Light x)0(x

Return to “Software & Applications”