Having problems with online videos etc.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tadpole1954

Having problems with online videos etc.

Post by tadpole1954 »

Hello everyone. I've been using Mint 11 and liking it very much except for a few small things. I decided to install Mint 10 for awhile to determine if I wanted to stay with it or use 11. (I was bored!)

Now, I have my laptop set up nice with 10, but I seem to be having some difficulty with videos, such as with You Tube. When I start one, it plays until I click on the full screen button. Then, the audio continues to play but the video is frozen. When I minimize it, everything is as it should be.

Also, I tried access an orbital applet from NASA and the applet wouldn't load. The message that I got instead said I needed to enable Java. I thought Mint did this for me in the past as I have had no problems with either when I used Mint 11.

Can anyone help me with this?

I just remembered something different I did when I was changing Mint versions that may have an impact on this. When I reverted back to 10, I found that I missed the newer Firefox. Finding that Mint didn't offer it for 10, I got it from their site and installed it per their instructions through the terminal. I believe that is when all this started. I ended up reinstalling 10 for a second time and decided the older Firefox was ok, but the video problems are still there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viper

Re: Having problems with online videos etc.

Post by viper »

see if this helps http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 72#p363868

Edit: as for the java issue try and see if installing sun java 6 plugin sorts that out.
tadpole1954

Post by tadpole1954 »

That fixed the video problem Viper. Thanks so much. This forum is great. Now for Java.
tadpole1954

Re: Having problems with online videos etc. SOLVED

Post by tadpole1954 »

The Java plugin worked. Thanks a million for the help Viper!
viper

Post by viper »

glad to help. :D

Edit: Also Plz edit your post as solved

Return to “Software & Applications”