computer ROM

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amaretha

computer ROM

Post by amaretha »

How do I make my computer's CD ROM boot before the actual system does? Recently my computer has contracted a crippling virus. A restore doesn't actually get rid of the virus so my friend gave me a boot disk or something like that to reinstal my system. The problem is that I need to make the CD-ROM work before the system boots. I went to the System setup and scrolled over to the boot system priority or something similar to that. I don't know what to do from that point though. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: computer ROM

Post by lmintnewb »

Sounds like you already figured out how to get into the bios settings for your PC ? What devices are listed in the boot priority there ?

Usually you go over to boot, select that set boot device priority ( or however it's phrased ) use the arrows keys to highlight it hit enter and then change the priority to look for a bootable disc in the cd/dvd drive you want to use. The bios should hopefully give you some clues how to save changes and exit ... etc.

Return to “Software & Applications”