realtime blog (as you type, words go live)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shengchieh

realtime blog (as you type, words go live)

Post by shengchieh »

Do anyone know of realtime blog where as you type, the words go on the screen? Most live blog, you type, and then, you need to click
"enter" or "submit" before the words are "live".

The purpose is non-standard. I want a live blog (program or browser-based) for captioning, not blogging. The captionist outputs the words and has
no time to click "enter" or "submit". The words need to pop up on the screen w/o hindrance. Most live blog utilities will not suffice.

Sheng-Chieh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThistleWeb

Re: realtime blog (as you type, words go live)

Post by ThistleWeb »

Try etherpad, not a blog but a shared real time notepad via a web browser.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Offline blogging and then dump the data is the more efficient method howevre, if you want a live view blog, then something such as Microsoft livewriter
--if you like that one (Microsoft livewriter, possibly it will run under windows or a VM such as virtualbox..
http://www.davidrisley.com/desktop-blog-editors/
  • Blog editors..
Wordpress or browser based blog editors may also meet your needs, firefox has some..
Linux or browser based blog editors available, live who knows ?
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

ThistleWeb wrote:Try etherpad, not a blog but a shared real time notepad via a web browser.
I ruled out collaborative WP because others can type (I think) and can mess up the text.

Dr. Hu, I'll check into your suggestions. Thank!

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Software & Applications”