add program to startup in sessions

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

add program to startup in sessions

Postby dletterman55 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 am

No matter what program I add to startup in Sessions it always defaults back to its orginal settings, I can make changes to it in my other Linus system Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 and it works just fine, but in Mint 4.0 it always goes back to the way it had installed. I have added cairo clock, avant window manager the same way I do in Gutsy, but mint 4.0 will not allow the changes to take place.
dletterman55

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: add program to startup in sessions

Postby Husse on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:42 am

This is an error. Can you check some other program so it's not just these two having problems
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby dletterman55 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:56 pm

I have added Foxfire and a couple other programs to sessions but after closing sessions and then opening it again it looks as if it is protected somehow. I have added the same programs to my other computer running Gutsy 7.10 and it works just fine. I have everything working in Mint 4.0 just perfect, installed VMware and then XP into that a few days ago, couldn't ask for a better operating system, other than I can not get a few programs to startup, starting them up manually is no problem after Mint is up and running.

Thanks for the software and help: Don Letterman
dletterman55
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Integrity on Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:31 pm

Glipper will not start automatically in my system no matter how many times I have added it to start up.
Regards,

Warren J. Grisafi
Integrity Cleaning Systems, LLC.,
813-927-4315
http://www.integritytampa.com

You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
~ Mary Pickford
Integrity
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications