Installing Starcraft with wine?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Installing Starcraft with wine?

Postby novanosis on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi I am new to linux mint. Now I am here and am happy to say I am pleased to see such a great distro in the works.

Well off to my question. I never installed something with a CD in Wine. I always had an exe file on the desktop and thats how I installed programs for wine. I am trying to install Starcraft in Wine, but not sure how to begin. Any ideas from anyone, maybe you have starcraft installed already who knows. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: What program mounts an ISO image like Dameaon Tools?
novanosis
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installing Starcraft with wine?

Postby McLovin on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:09 pm

for games i actually use cedega transgaming, it cost a subscription to to the transgaming web site to download it, (but do a search at "certain" web sites and you can find it), and it works great, you can get it at http://www.transgaming.com/products/cedega/. another thing you can try is winedoors. just look in synaptic for it.
McLovin
Level 5
Level 5

Postby molom on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:28 pm

I could never install 3d games on my computer in Linux Mint because I don't know how to install my nvidea graphics card properly. I've tried envy, but after installing and rebooting, Linux Mint fails to boot and then I have to reconfigure zorg with sudo to the standard graphics drivers that doesn't support 3d capabilities, which means I cant use beryl/compiz or play any 3d games through Linux natively or through Cedega. Could someone help me out.

Cheers,
molom
molom
Level 4
Level 4

Postby newW2 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:36 pm

molom - If the Nvidia graphics is capable, did you try uninstalling the previous driver first and then installing the latest Nvidia driver (from tty screen with envy -t if necessary)?

///edit/// on second thought why not post your: /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Somebody may be able to help. Maybe tseliot (did you search on posts by this member?).
newW2
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Software & Applications