Daryna repos authentication problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Daryna repos authentication problem

Postby m31 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi all,

I am a new guy around :) I have a quick question. I have been googling and couldn't find the answer to my problem

Actually I can install anything from the Daryna repos however is working great with Ubuntu repos

?!

Every single time I try to install even packages level 1, it tells me that they can not be authenticated.

I have been looking for the authentication key for them (just in case got corrupted) but no luck so far

Thank you in advance for any help

(and Hey! great distro) :D
m31
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Daryna repos authentication problem

Postby exploder on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Quote "Every single time I try to install even packages level 1, it tells me that they can not be authenticated."

You will always see that message when you update from the Mint repositories. There is nothing wrong and no key to get. The message is not coming up in the form of an error. Wish I had a real technical explanation for you but this is normal.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Daryna repos authentication problem

Postby muskratmx on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Begging Your Pardon!!!

You will always see that message when you update from the Mint repositories. There is nothing wrong and no key to get. The message is not coming up in the form of an error. Wish I had a real technical explanation for you but this is normal.

#1 I don't always see it happening.
#2 There is something wrong, linux standard is to authinticate packages so as no one can tamper with them.
#3 There should be a key, even lowend web sites such as debian multimedia, which don't have thier own distro nhave a keyring for thier packages. If LinuxMint wants to take the world by storm they should at least do that much.
#4 Not Authinicating is an error!
#5 This is not normal for a debian/ubuntu based system to act this way.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications