Gnome ppp will not find usb modem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
williamh

Gnome ppp will not find usb modem

Post by williamh »

I have just installed Linux Mint 8 in my 320gb external drive. The Gnome dialer will only use the usb modem if I run gnome ppp in terminal and plug in the modem just before I connect and it will only use it once.I have run the lsusb command and found the modem (Bus 004 Device 009: ID 0803:3095 Zoom Telephonics )Also every time it finds the modem it gives a differant number /dev/tty acm9, acm10, acm11 etc. I am new to Mint and would like some advice. Does anyone know if Verison MiFi can be made to work in Mint? The demo I had to try wold not hook up.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Gnome ppp will not find usb modem

Post by xenopeek »

Might I ask why you are using Linux Mint 8? That is over two years old, and will have (generally speaking) hardware support in its kernel than recent Linux Mint releases.
OldManHook

Re: Gnome ppp will not find usb modem

Post by OldManHook »

williamh wrote:I have just installed Linux Mint 8 in my 320gb external drive. The Gnome dialer will only use the usb modem if I run gnome ppp in terminal and plug in the modem just before I connect and it will only use it once.I have run the lsusb command and found the modem (Bus 004 Device 009: ID 0803:3095 Zoom Telephonics )Also every time it finds the modem it gives a differant number /dev/tty acm9, acm10, acm11 etc. I am new to Mint and would like some advice. Does anyone know if Verison MiFi can be made to work in Mint? The demo I had to try wold not hook up.

Can't help with the modem :)
However MiFi Works on Mint 9 and 10 :) :)

Return to “Software & Applications”