rhythmbox playlist problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
farna

rhythmbox playlist problem

Post by farna »

I have a playlist and can read it using gedit. I copied my entire music folder from one computer to another. Rhyhmbox won't play or show the playlist on the "copied to" computer. The playlst was created using RB 0.13 (under Mint 11), the "copied to" computer (Mint 9) has RB 0.12.8. Shouldn't the playlist (in .pls format) work in any version? Banshee doesn't like the RB playlist either.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
istrandi

Re: rhythmbox playlist problem

Post by istrandi »

if those playlists are anything like the ones vlc creates, then its just a list of paths to the music files?

in which case, unless the music is in exactly the same place on both computers they won't work... I don't use rhythm box so I don't know if the sames true, but I suspect it is.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: rhythmbox playlist problem

Post by xenopeek »

istrandi is right, the playlist of Rhythmbox contains the full path to a file. So unless the music on the other computer is located at the exact same directory, just copying the playlist won't work.

Tip:
- Create a short playlist on the computer with Rhythmbox 0.12.x, save it to a file.
- Open Gedit / Text Editor from the menu, browse to the location of the saved file and open it.
- Also open one of the .pls files copied from Rhythmbox 0.13.x.
- Compare the first few lines in the two files. Is the heading the same? Are the paths to the music the same?

Return to “Software & Applications”