how to instal linux mint katya!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mr_talicni_tom

how to instal linux mint katya!

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

so when katya relised i was thining to instal it or not and finally after 2 weaks thinking i solved to instaly katya and then comes problems...
1.when i download 32 bit DVD it was compressed adn i unpack it
2.when i unpack it ther was 5 folders and 1 file/all unknown files for my computer ,in forlders too like and that one file alone/
3.i was crazy about linux and i tryed a lot of things .....

so pls help meeeeee!! :roll: :cry:

p.s. sorry for my bad english :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: how to instal linux mint katya!

Post by remoulder »

Please read the section on Installation in the user guide
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Did you download from here? http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

You must not unpack the downloaded file, you must either burn it to a DVD with some software or you must copy it to a large enough USB stick with UNetbootin.

Assuming you are using Windows 7, follow this guide to burn the ISO file to a DVD: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... n-ISO-file. For other versions of Windows you can possible also do it that way, else download http://infrarecorder.org/ and use that to burn the ISO file.
mr_talicni_tom

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

ty for :D all ill try it and ill tell u about result later bcs now i must go to school..
mr_talicni_tom

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

hmmm im boooted linux mint katya on usb(4 GB) and brefor started i go to bios and cheked it is it 1st prioriti on removable driver and it was!!!!!
but when i go exit from it ,it started g -parted bcs i have linux 10 and windows and after that he automaticly start linux mint 10 not katya oooooo ls help meee!!!!! :roll: :(
mr_talicni_tom

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but ofc i have a 1 problem during instalacion i had a error but instalacion finish well ,,,..
after that when i turn on a OS my updates dosnt work! bcs it cant find some arhivs :? so pls help me only that
istrandi

Post by istrandi »

For your last problem, start a new thread, and provide more detail i.e. the whole error message.
mr_talicni_tom

Post by mr_talicni_tom »

istrandi wrote:For your last problem, start a new thread, and provide more detail i.e. the whole error message.
ok

Return to “Software & Applications”