Google Talk: Voice

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theclawsthatcatch

Google Talk: Voice

Post by theclawsthatcatch »

Help me, you're my only hope!

I can call people but they cannot hear me.

My mic works fine when I record it using the sound recorder, and the volume is up and everything.

People say they can hear muffled sounds but can't hear me talking.

What do I do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
theclawsthatcatch

Re: Google Talk: Voice

Post by theclawsthatcatch »

bump
gentoocane

Re: Google Talk: Voice

Post by gentoocane »

hi: perhaps you've resolved this issue. but i thought it might be helpful to share my similar experience and what tweak may have corrected the issue.

if you have a cell phone linked to the google voice/chat app, disable it. i never experienced any problems with the app until i enabled a tight integration with my mobile phone! so, if perhaps you have something like this contrived, disable. there's some quirk either between google voice/chat and the cell provider or a some glitch in the app's code stack.

bottom-line: google voice/chat remain "beta" apps, so err on the side of minimalist setup. stay clear of applying much else to it. once i removed my mobile phone config from the app, my mic and app worked fine.

i hope this helps.

Return to “Software & Applications”