Problem with nautilus

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
z06gal

Problem with nautilus

Post by z06gal »

Can someone tell me what to do about this?

Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension

--- Hash table keys for warning below:
--> l2049
--> root
--> inode/directory

--> file:///
Shutting down nautilus-open-terminal extension
Shutting down nautilus-gdu extension

(nautilus:11060): Eel-WARNING **: "nautilus-directory.c: directories" hash table still has 1 element at quit time (keys above)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Problem with nautilus

Post by richyrich »

What are you attempting to do when you get this error?
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

richyrich wrote:What are you attempting to do when you get this error?

Just using nautilus to navigate to my themes folder
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

And what ? the terminal pops up with this message? or are you starting Nautilus from the terminal?
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

[quote="richyrich"]And what ? the terminal pops up with this message? or are you starting Nautilus from the terminal?[/quote

Yes via terminal and that message pops up every time. I've been using Mint since 7 and have never had this issue before
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I don't know. Can you try it this way to see if you get any problems ?

Open Nautilus as you, the normal user, navigate until you see the folder you want in the right pane, right-click that folder and choose -> Open as Administrator (or Root, not sure). It should then ask for your password, and finally a new Admin window of Nautilus should open . .?
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

richyrich wrote:I don't know. Can you try it this way to see if you get any problems ?

Open Nautilus as you, the normal user, navigate until you see the folder you want in the right pane, right-click that folder and choose -> Open as Administrator (or Root, not sure). It should then ask for your password, and finally a new Admin window of Nautilus should open . .?

Okay, I'll try that now
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

It will not allow me to do anything. When I click on properties, it tells me that I don't have permission to do anything which is why I have been using the "gksudo nautilus' command. All I am trying to do is install a couple gtk3 themes to my usr/share/themes folder
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Does it at least ask for your password right after you click the Open as Admin option in the right-click menu ?
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

richyrich wrote:Does it at least ask for your password right after you click the Open as Admin option in the right-click menu ?

Open as Admin is not an option when I right click
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I am sorry, and apologize to you for wasting your time. :( . . (poor excuse to follow) :roll:
I have not been able to get a correct md5 sum in all of my attempts at downloading Mint 12, therefore I haven't any experience with it.
afaicr I have had that right-click option available to me in every File Manager since Elyssa.

If others can also re-produce this to confirm, then I will suggest that a bug report be opened.

good luck, and regards, richy
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

richyrich wrote:I am sorry, and apologize to you for wasting your time. :( . . (poor excuse to follow) :roll:
I have not been able to get a correct md5 sum in all of my attempts at downloading Mint 12, therefore I haven't any experience with it.
afaicr I have had that right-click option available to me in every File Manager since Elyssa.

If others can also re-produce this to confirm, then I will suggest that a bug report be opened.

good luck, and regards, richy

Well richy, I so appreciate your time. I just deleted the 3 themes I installed and I think I'll wait until this is worked out. I believe it is a bug and I think I'm going to see if there is anything over on the gnome 3 forums that may shed some light. Thanks again so much. :wink:

Robin
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

nautilus-gksu (the nautilus extension) was not ported to nautilus3.x (yet?) (it's in the known issues);
but if you type gksu nautilus (afaik) it will open as root (even if the terminal shouts those warnings- it does the same in my LMDE, but nautilus-root is functional)

Code: Select all

gksu nautilus
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
Initializing nautilus-open-terminal extension

--> l2053
--> root
--> inode/directory

--> file:///
Shutting down nautilus-open-terminal extension
Shutting down nautilus-gdu extension
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Excellent zero. Yes it works fine but it definitely spits out error messages. Thank you for replying :wink:
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Robin . . I'm admitting that I have not followed the same advice that I have given to many others. :oops:

My mistakes and mis-assumptions above are shown right in the Mint 12 Release Notes . . (mybad)

Return to “Software & Applications”