whats the word on minecraft. how well does it work on linux?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AstralExistence

whats the word on minecraft. how well does it work on linux?

Post by AstralExistence »

work as in it work exactly as windows, can load mods flawlessly, and has good fps. im thinking of buying it, but want to know first hand what others experiences are with it. i have an ati4850 1gig card. ive read the propriatary drivers dont work. 'at all' so i need to use the free drivers. but will be buying a new nvidia card early next month. so whats the word? thanx in advance :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neophox

Re: whats the word on minecraft. how well does it work on li

Post by Neophox »

Personal experience here says it runs pretty much the same as on Windows. I think that's because it's a Java application, and so, provided Java is implemented properly on the platform, it should run it. That being said, there still seem to be a few bugs that have crept in. Using both Java and openJava, one of my keys will occasionally get stuck on, especially after clicking with the mouse, resulting in me walking to the left, or jumping constantly. ESC fixes it, but it's evidence that there's still a few annoyances to iron out. I have no advice on the drivers. I have something in the 3870 family, and the third-party drivers seem to be fine. I'm sure even the kernel drivers would have worked, if I hadn't been in such a rush to get dual-screen working.

Return to “Software & Applications”