Install Unity in Mint 12

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
stylishlemur

Install Unity in Mint 12

Post by stylishlemur »

Hi sorry for this question, I am noob.
Can someone help me to show the command to install latest unity in Mint 12
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The Recorder
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Install Unity in Mint 12

Post by The Recorder »

It's in Synaptic. It would probably add it as a login choice. However, I have no idea of what it might remove... Guess Synaptic would tell you before it installs.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

stylishlemur wrote: the command to install latest unity in Mint 12
sudo apt-get install unity
stylishlemur

Post by stylishlemur »

I did this one command but there isn't top panel and launcher, lens and dash. I guess i did sth wrong.

Any one knows?
coolpup

Post by coolpup »

stylishlemur wrote:I did this one command but there isn't top panel and launcher, lens and dash. I guess i did sth wrong.

Any one knows?
If I understand what I read in the Software Manager correctly, Unity is a desktop manager, just like Gnome is, rather than an application. Before you log in to your machine, click on the gear beside your name and you'll probably find it there.
wayne128

Post by wayne128 »

coolpup wrote:
stylishlemur wrote:I did this one command but there isn't top panel and launcher, lens and dash. I guess i did sth wrong.

Any one knows?
If I understand what I read in the Software Manager correctly, Unity is a desktop manager, just like Gnome is, rather than an application. Before you log in to your machine, click on the gear beside your name and you'll probably find it there.

coolpup,
yes, you got it.

stylishlemur,
when you are in Mint12, logout, then login, click the gear, drop-down shows last one as 'ubuntu', select ubuntu, type in password, login to get into Unity

Return to “Software & Applications”