Openoffice not in menu mint12

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bootdoc

Openoffice not in menu mint12

Post by bootdoc »

just Dl'd openoffice from Ooo website and installed it. ran dpkg -i *.deb in the desktop-integration folder which has always worked in the past. but in mint 12 i can not find openoffice anywhere! not in menus and when I run openoffice from command line libreoffice starts. how do you get openoffice in the menu?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lmintnewb

Re: Openoffice not in menu mint12

Post by lmintnewb »

Don't have much experience with oo or lo. Libreoffice IS openoffice, only newer. When the people who were supporting openO, dropped it. Folks took the opensource software and turned it into LO, to keep the proj going. Thus why LM12 comes with LO, it's newer, probably better too. Have only ever played with LO and OO though. Far as I've ever seen, most office suites do about the same things regardless. Can't imagine there's all that great a diff in LO and OO, the way they work ... etc.
Mr-Dutch

Post by Mr-Dutch »

Not view able in the start menu or Launcher? (Upper left)
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

If you want to use OOo not LO You will have to remove LO before you Install OOo :)
Don't know why you want OOo LO is faster and works the same :)

Return to “Software & Applications”