Two Questions: Automatix & TvTime?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Two Questions: Automatix & TvTime?

Postby mister_mm on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:58 pm

I apologize for doubling up on u guys but I just installed Daryna...it was a toss up between this and Ubuntu Gusty....I wud like to know if Automatix works in Daryna. I am also interested to know if TVTime works with this distro. I figured it wudn't hurt to ask first before i start. I'm not new to Linux but I'm no guru either. I have used my system in Mandrake from 7.2 thru Mandriva 2007. Found apt and never looked back after I installed Ubuntu. Tried Fedora once and it just didn't feel good at all. Have toyed with Mephis, Puppy, DSL, and ZenWalk. Oh I must not forget Knoppix. If someone wud be so kind as to let me know if they have used Automatix and TvTime I wud surely appreciate it. Tks for the nice looking distro. I just hope it works for me.

PC: oldie....P3 1Ghz clocked at 1.1...512 Mb Ram....Hda 80 gig...Hdb 60 gig....Ati Radeon 9600 Pro 128 Mb...Sound Blaster Live 24 bit....TV Card: ProVideo PV951

Oh yeah, I dual boot. Just installed WinXp two weeks ago. Took me a long time to give up on Win2k. Failing support drove me to it. Don't know if I will ever have a pc that can run Vista. I keep on keepin' oldies alive.
mister_mm
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Two Questions: Automatix & TvTime?

Postby BakUp on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:11 pm

mister_mm wrote:I wud like to know if Automatix works in Daryna

I have tested Automatix2 in Daryna and it has worked for me.

My suggestion for you would be not to try it though, I have heard of toasted systems in Daryna using Automatix.

My advice would be use the Mint Software Portal.

Cheers,
BakUp
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
BakUp
Level 4
Level 4

Postby cmost on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Do NOT use Automatix! This software can severely screw up your system (and give you a major headache!!!)
cmost
Level 4
Level 4

Postby mister_mm on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:01 pm

Tks for the heads-up on Automatix....now I need to know if anyone has configured TvTime in Mint. Ty again
mister_mm
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mister_mm on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Well I decided to roll up my sleeves and dive into getting TvTime up and running in Mint. After downloading and installing TvTime with apt I gave it a try and found that I needed drivers for my ATI Radeon 9600 card. Please don't forget to uninstall drivers first if u use envy. Makes a heck of a mess of things. Fast way out was reinstall Mint. Got the drivers working and effects even worked. Set that to normal knowing it wud be prudent when using TvTime. Set parameters for my tv card using modprobe bttv. Now i have video in TvTime. Havent been able to configure sound yet. Has to be something to deal with i2c adapter, tuner, and tvaudio me thinks. Oh well more fun and games. I hope its okay to post replies to my own post. Didn't want to leave it just hanging here. If anyone has help with the tvaudio thing I cud sure use it. mm
mister_mm
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mister_mm on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 am

I'm going to post my question about TvTime being more specific in another post. I won't be adding any more here. mm
mister_mm
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications