Whats the best RAW photo editor and organizer open source

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ecoronin

Whats the best RAW photo editor and organizer open source

Post by ecoronin »

Im a photographer and have been experimenting with open source imaging software. I have yet to find a RAW editor and organizer that really jumped out at me. Im to a point that I would get the new Coral software that works with linux and see if that would be better. I do still like gimp with all the add-ons on it works great. I did like digikam but its directory system is really buggy. Shotwell has the worst save directory system that I can find. It moves all my files wierdly and makes it even more unogranized than it was already. UFRAW works but there seems like it can never reset paramitors every time I open up a picture it stays with the same settings as before so I have to play with it to get the pic anything close to original. Darktable really is not good at organising and locks up. Whats you guys faves and experances.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Whats the best RAW photo editor and organizer open sourc

Post by xenopeek »

Check these four reviewed: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-great-to ... tos-linux/

Raw Therapee was reviewed in Linux Format Magazine #151, and got a 8/10 mark. Ultimate for raw editing, but they warned that with all the options and tools it has, you might spend time with it, you'd rather spend on making more photographs.
ecoronin

Re: Whats the best RAW photo editor and organizer open sourc

Post by ecoronin »

I am looking at rawtherapee and raw studio. Both are not the easiest to learn. I think there is a real learning curb to any of these programs and theres not much documentation outthere

Return to “Software & Applications”