LibreOffice can't print C10 envelopes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
semint

LibreOffice can't print C10 envelopes

Post by semint »

I was looking for a Libreoffice forum on their website but they point to OpenOffice forums. Before I install OpenOffice I would like to see if someone here knows this, since LibreOffice comes pre-installed with Mint.

In Word 2010 and Open Office, printing a C10 envelope is very easy, just choose C10 envelope from a list in the page size, type sender and addressee in the right places and print away. But in LibreOffice I already wasted five envelopes trying to achieve the same thing. When I printed, it took the envelope but the text appeared in the most weird places.

Then I checked the help and there is a command to insert an envelope, which I followed according to the instructions, and again I selected C10, but once again, when I printed, the text appeared even more messed up than the way I had it before.

The problem is that if I go to File > Print, the small preview on the left shows the document is 5.50 tall by 8.50 wide, which is not the right size, that would be 9.50 x 4.13. Even if I go to File > Page Preview, it appears correctly, but again incorrectly in the print dialog.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LibreOffice can't print C10 envelopes

Post by xenopeek »

Well, I can't select C10 in my LibreOffice version (3.3.4), though I can easily set the correct height & width for a document. Format > Page > Page, and set the format to User and manually configure the height & width. Then do a test run with one of the wasted envelopes (you just want to confirm the text is now printed at the right spot).

Other than that, if you were already at the LibreOffice forums, its there that they should know any further details about this. The LibreOffice that comes with Linux Mint is not modified by the Linux Mint team.
semint

Post by semint »

Oh OK, so this software and applications forum is only for software that is modified by the Mint team? I thought it was for all the software that comes with it. Actually I went to the Libreoffice website and the forums listed there are the OpenOffice forums, but aren't these two separate projects?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

semint wrote:Oh OK, so this software and applications forum is only for software that is modified by the Mint team? I thought it was for all the software that comes with it. Actually I went to the Libreoffice website and the forums listed there are the OpenOffice forums, but aren't these two separate projects?
No, you can ask question about other Linux software here 8) I just wanted to point out, with regards to your question "is this a bug or something", that Linux Mint uses an unmodified LibreOffice, so any question on that specific software are likely answered there more swiftly.

The OpenOffice forums also support LibreOffice, as stated on the LibreOffice Get Help page. Though a quick Google only turns up this post is you search for LibreOffice or OpenOffice and C10 envelopes :(
semint

Post by semint »

I gave up and installed Open Office from the Software Manager, but it's not showing anywhere. Any ideas why would that be?

Return to “Software & Applications”