Font seems stretched

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eoinoc333

Font seems stretched

Post by eoinoc333 »

Hello,

I've started with Linux Mint 12. The top and bottom menus seem to use a nice font.

However, in Firefox for example, the font seems to be "stretched". I've attached a screenshot.

Perhaps it's just the font that's being used in the menu is wider that I would expect. Am I seeing things?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Font seems stretched

Post by remoulder »

Firefox uses it's own font settings
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
eoinoc333

Post by eoinoc333 »

It seems to be a broader issue. For example, Sublime Text 2 has exactly the same stretched menu font.

This issue is specific to my laptop and Linux Mint 12 install. The laptop is widescreen, and elsewhere I use Mint 11. So I don't know what's to blame (it's not just Firefox).
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Have you tried different themes and font settings in Advanced Settings?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
fyeahrainbowdash13

Post by fyeahrainbowdash13 »

Have you tried adjusting the hinting and anti-aliasing options in the Advanced Settings under the Fonts tab?
eoinoc333

Post by eoinoc333 »

fyeahrainbowdash13 wrote:Have you tried adjusting the hinting and anti-aliasing options in the Advanced Settings under the Fonts tab?
Thanks for the suggest, I appreciate it. The hinting and anti-aliasing options only affect standard window fonts, they don't seem to affect Firefox's menus.
eoinoc333

Post by eoinoc333 »

Thanks to both of your for pointing me to Advanced Settings.

The default font was set to Cantarell.

Thing is, no such font is listed when I go to change the Default Font.

Could it be a case of the system trying to use a font that isn't installed?

Return to “Software & Applications”