Need share sticky notes between W7 and LM

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ayozito

Need share sticky notes between W7 and LM

Post by ayozito »

Hi!

I'm looking for a solution for share sticky notes between both operating systems. I need them showed at desktop as widget, so for example share them with GTask or any other web service isn't a valid way.

I'm looking for a program that can run on both systems and for example share the data folder or something like that.

Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Need share sticky notes between W7 and LM

Post by DrHu »

ayozito wrote:I'm looking for a program that can run on both systems and for example share the data folder or something like that.
All you need to share a data folder between windows OS and Linux is Samba; so you don't necessarily need the same note program on each system, you would just have to make sure either one could read/write the other format, or if it's only to see the data, read the other format would be enough
  • Since you mention share notes on either OS and not a web based note taker application, which would work quite well if you run a small web server, such as Hiwartha (Puppy uses that) or another possibility
  • A small blog application or wikipedia application
    --all OS can support such programs..
--or Wordpress might also work, there is a portable version for windows OS, and for linux a local server install..
  • Installing WordPress on your own Computer
    Local Installation Instructions
    Use these instruction for setting up a local server environment for testing and development
--software appliance section, also might be good option, just provide access to the application on either system..

There are such open source programs available..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... g_software
--list of note taking software

Puppy Linux has a note taking application, but I am not sure what it is called..
ayozito

Re: Need share sticky notes between W7 and LM

Post by ayozito »

Of course when I said that work on both OS I mean that use the same format, don't have to be the same program. Good link that, let's see what I do with it.

edit: Most of those programs aren't sticky notes, and the ones who are, open notes as if they were a window and I don't want this.

Return to “Software & Applications”