my observation on mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

my observation on mint

Postby bunlacken on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Linux Mint is GREAT system so I hope when e17 becomes part of it that the problems I have observed with "gOS, wireless impossible". " OpenGEU great but no WSM streaming radio. Some stuff like being able to listen to WSM Nashville while I surf the Net is important, A restricted drivers manager for wireless... for all of them. I love Linex Mint because it has an uncomplicated desktop to mess up and clean up as I like. I have tried most of the ubuntu's with e17 and find them facinating but lacking in one thing or another. I checked out Fedora and wireless is impossible, tried for hours.
So I have settled in with Linux Mint and waiting for mint e17 to appear. PclinuxoS is great on all counts but after 25 years is too much like windows for me. I await mint e17... regards
bunlacken
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: my observation on mint

Postby sundayrefugee on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 am

bunlacken wrote:Linux Mint is GREAT system so I hope when e17 becomes part of it that the problems I have observed with "gOS, wireless impossible". " OpenGEU great but no WSM streaming radio. Some stuff like being able to listen to WSM Nashville while I surf the Net is important, A restricted drivers manager for wireless... for all of them. I love Linex Mint because it has an uncomplicated desktop to mess up and clean up as I like. I have tried most of the ubuntu's with e17 and find them facinating but lacking in one thing or another. I checked out Fedora and wireless is impossible, tried for hours.
So I have settled in with Linux Mint and waiting for mint e17 to appear. PclinuxoS is great on all counts but after 25 years is too much like windows for me. I await mint e17... regards

Why wait? Why don't you build it?
sundayrefugee
Level 3
Level 3

Re: my observation on mint

Postby sam_uk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:07 am

sam_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications