my observation on mint

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

my observation on mint

Postby bunlacken on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:01 pm

Linux Mint is GREAT system so I hope when e17 becomes part of it that the problems I have observed with "gOS, wireless impossible". " OpenGEU great but no WSM streaming radio. Some stuff like being able to listen to WSM Nashville while I surf the Net is important, A restricted drivers manager for wireless... for all of them. I love Linex Mint because it has an uncomplicated desktop to mess up and clean up as I like. I have tried most of the ubuntu's with e17 and find them facinating but lacking in one thing or another. I checked out Fedora and wireless is impossible, tried for hours.
So I have settled in with Linux Mint and waiting for mint e17 to appear. PclinuxoS is great on all counts but after 25 years is too much like windows for me. I await mint e17... regards
bunlacken
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: my observation on mint

Postby sundayrefugee on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 am

bunlacken wrote:Linux Mint is GREAT system so I hope when e17 becomes part of it that the problems I have observed with "gOS, wireless impossible". " OpenGEU great but no WSM streaming radio. Some stuff like being able to listen to WSM Nashville while I surf the Net is important, A restricted drivers manager for wireless... for all of them. I love Linex Mint because it has an uncomplicated desktop to mess up and clean up as I like. I have tried most of the ubuntu's with e17 and find them facinating but lacking in one thing or another. I checked out Fedora and wireless is impossible, tried for hours.
So I have settled in with Linux Mint and waiting for mint e17 to appear. PclinuxoS is great on all counts but after 25 years is too much like windows for me. I await mint e17... regards

Why wait? Why don't you build it?
sundayrefugee
Level 3
Level 3

Re: my observation on mint

Postby sam_uk on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:07 am

sam_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications