Unable to view subscription flash videos

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sjmcc

Unable to view subscription flash videos

Post by sjmcc »

I am a member of a subscription video tutorial site. I can view any of the free unprotected flash videos just fine in either firefox or chrome. However the subscription videos which carry an identifying watermark will just give me the permanent spinning wheel indicating they are loading but never actually begin playing. A search on that sites forum only bring up some info about needing to access port 443 for ssl they are using for copy protection. In the windows install on this same machine the videos work just fine.

Anyone have any ideas on what I might do to fix this problem. I am pretty new to Linux and enjoying it but would like to figure this out. Using Linux Mint 12, Firefox 12, Chrome 18, and Flash 11.2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Unable to view subscription flash videos

Post by remoulder »

You might try asking this of the sites's admin, in particular how they copy protect the videos, probably a form of drm which is unlikely to work on linux?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Sound”