Old podcasts not recognized in Banshee or Rhythmbox

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Old podcasts not recognized in Banshee or Rhythmbox

Postby alej on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have a dual boot system (Windows 7 / Mint 13) and I would like all of the podcasts I've already downloaded using iTunes to show up in the podcast section of Banshee (or Rhythmbox). That way I could add any podcast to my ipod using Linux, regardless of which OS I was using when I downloaded it.

Note: Before subscribing to any podcasts in Banshee I set its podcast download directory to the iTunes podcast folder on my Windows partition (where all of my old "iTunes" podcasts are already stored). When I subscribe to a podcast that I had subscribed to in iTunes--say, This American Life--Banshee uses the existing iTunes folder but doesn't display any of the already-downloaded episodes. (New episodes downloaded in Banshee have a different file-naming protocol, though.)

One thing that's strange is it's impossible to have podcasts I downloaded in Rhythmbox show up in Banshee (and vice versa) even though they use the same exact file names. I found this thread which gives some complicated workarounds, but I feel like this shouldn't be too much harder than importing regular mp3s into Banshee. Was wondering if any progress has been made, as linux users--according to many thread posts I came across--have been wanting to do this since the mid 2000s. Does anyone know if progress has been made on this issue?
alej
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs