Chrome video fullscreen broken

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Chrome video fullscreen broken

Postby Schrödinger's Cat on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:49 am

In Chrome, when I click the fullscreen button in Youtube, the browser window "blinks" and fullscreen mode fails to load.

In Firefox it works fine, so I'm guessing it's a problem with the Chrome flash plug-in. I did not have this problem until just before the weekend. I'm guessing a new update broke my flash somehow, since Chrome uses its own flash and Firefox uses Adobe.

Is there some way to revert? Or should I mention this as a Chrome bug report on their system and patiently wait for it to be resolved...?
Linux Mint 9 Isadora (Gnome)
Schrödinger's Cat
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Chrome video fullscreen broken

Postby nefnef on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 am

I have the same problem. I also tried removing Chrome, downloading it again and then reinstalling it from scratch - no good. No full screen for flash.
nefnef
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bryanlakatos on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 pm

I am seeing the same thing in Chrome. Oddly enough, Chromium browser works correctly. For now, I'm just using that.
bryanlakatos
Level 1
Level 1

Postby nemodot on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:41 am

I'm having the same issue. Also most of the times the player speeds up the video.

EDIT: I found out that by disabiling the latest flash pluging in about:plugins (click on see more details) and leave on any earlier version the fullscreen mode works better. The downsize is that it crashes a lot more.
nemodot
Level 1
Level 1

Postby FunnyGames on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

I would like to join the problem. And as nemodot said, it sometimes speeds up the video.
FunnyGames
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs