Banshee and Nautilus

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kinu
Level 1
Level 1

Banshee and Nautilus

Post by kinu »

Hi all,

I would like to enqueue songs in Banshee from the file manager (LM13 Cinnamon), while it is playing. Is it possible?

And, drag and drop from Nautilus to Banshee is not working, Is it supposed to?

kInU
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
veggen

Re: Banshee and Nautilus

Post by veggen »

kinu wrote:Hi all,

I would like to enqueue songs in Banshee from the file manager (LM13 Cinnamon), while it is playing. Is it possible?
If you had a .desktop file in your /user/share/applications that would execute Banshee's enqueue command (if such a thing exists), you could do the regular right-click->open with and choose that launcher. Don't know of a better way...
I made such a launcher (sort of) and pasted the contents here. If you save it in a text file, give it a .desktop extension and put it in /user/share/applications, you'll be able to select it from the "open with" dialog. You can tweak the launcher yourself. You can make it start playing by adding --play to the Exec line etc. Type "banshee --help-all" in terminal to see the available commands. It's incredibly strange that there's 3 launchers for Banshee and none of them enqueues.
kinu wrote:And, drag and drop from Nautilus to Banshee is not working, Is it supposed to?
Depends on where you drop. Most of the window is not a valid drop target (go figure), but "Play Queue", for example, is.

I don't use Banshee at all*, so my answers could be horribly wrong... I just checked what other players are doing and attempted to recreate the effect using Banshee.

*Rant:
Couldn't care less about players making that much fuss about simply playing the damn file... I enjoy the simplicity of Qmmp instead. You have a play list, you click the song, it plays. No importing, no "now playing", no libraries, no huge window with millions of stuff.
kinu
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Banshee and Nautilus

Post by kinu »

Hi veggen.

Yes, you are right. Now I'm thinking I was blinded by the all-working-out-of-the-box and the all-polished-and-well-themed magnificence of Linux Mint, and change something was out of my field of vision.

Now I've changed some things, and I'm going to get some gtk-based simple player (I remember I loved Audacious some time ago).

Thank you.

Return to “Sound”