HDMI woes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
iain_j

HDMI woes

Post by iain_j »

After a couple of weeks tweaking and the occasional re-install I thought I'd got Mint sussed. However....

I'm trying to watch online video (on ITV Player) on my TV connected via HDMI cable. I plugged the cable in, and after a few seconds my desktop appeared on the TV. I dragged Firefox across to the TV screen, started the video playing...

First problem. The video played fine on the TV, however when I clicked the "fullscreen" button, Firefox stayed on the TV and the video went fullscreen on my laptop screen. How can I solve this?

Second problem, I can't figure out how to get the sound to come out of the TV speakers. With the HDMI cable connected and the TV turned on, the only output device listed in the sound settings is "built in audio analogue stereo", and only one connector in the drop-down box below it (analogue output).

I'm on LM13, using the "Cairo + GNOMEwith effects" desktop.

Code: Select all

$ inxi -AG
Graphics:
Card: Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller 
X.Org: 1.11.3
drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
Resolution: 1440x900@59.9hz 
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2
GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 8.0.2

Audio:
Card: Intel 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: ALSA
ver: 1.0.24
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Total_Blue
Level 3
Level 3

Re: HDMI woes

Post by Total_Blue »

Hi Iain,

I can't help with the video, however I did find another thread with a possible solution to your sound problem.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23139

Return to “Sound”